Hi everyone! My name is Danica and I’m a lover of all things food, fitness and wellness. My day isn’t complete without good food and a good sweat, all while working a very full-time job in a completely unrelated industry!
I’ve lived in Los Angeles my entire life, minus a quick five months in San Francisco (West Coast best coast!) and couldn’t be more thankful to live here. I graduated from Pepperdine University in 2012 with a double major that has nothing to do with health or fitness! But after growing up as a competitive Irish dancer, a wellness-centered lifestyle has always been important to me.
Kale and Carrot Sticks was born in early 2015 as an anonymous account to help me stay accountable with a weight loss goal. I originally thought of naming it “Kale and Baby Carrots” since those were the two veggies I was eating the most at the time, but I figured it didn’t have quite the same ring to it! Yes, I do love both kale and carrot sticks, though I would have to say sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts are my all time favorite foods. Again, doesn’t have quite the same ring to it. 🙂
Some fun facts about me:
- I always put my right shoe on first
- I hate the words “balance”and “lit”
- I’m scared of eating sushi
- Mushrooms are the only vegetable I won’t eat
- My parents decided to name me Danica after seeing the name on the credits for the Wonder Years
- My favorite ways to move are lifting weights, running, hiking, and an occasional spin or barre class
- I’m known to knock out a mean meal prep!
I hope to show you that you can pursue both your career and your health at the same time, and that choosing wellness does not have to be complicated or expensive. If I can help even just one person embrace their worth so they can choose their wellness from the inside out, my mission will be accomplished.
Choosing to be well,